We are constantly reminded that ‘content’ will save day and be the real hero in our marketing and business development efforts.
It’s simple, all we need is something ‘fresh and relevant’…
However, for many businesses the reality is…
Content has become the ‘villain of the piece’.
- The material you have to hand is neither ‘fresh’ nor ‘relevant’ (and certainly doesn’t set you apart from your competitors).
- You have all the tools in place e.g. website, email marketing, social media… (but nothing to ‘fuel the engine’).
- Your marketing partners are constantly asking for materials you don’t readily have available (maybe you’re thinking you should save the cost and cancel the contracts).
- No-one knows your business as well as you do (so why rely on someone else to do it).
- The day to day running of the business takes priority (because there are always more pressing matters to deal with).
Make your customers the focal point of your content!
Asked in the right way your customers will ‘save the day’, providing numerous insights into your products / services, many of which you would never even dream of.
Don’t tell me what you do… tell me how you’ve helped people like me with a similar issue!
Feed these into your ‘marketing engine’ and not only will your content villain be vanquished you will enjoy the benefits of improved client engagement, retention, cross sales and properly qualified introductions.
Find a way for your ‘content creators’ to engage with your customers and you’ll have more ‘fresh’ and ‘relevant’ content than you know what to do with.
Remember, it is 7-8 times more expensive to acquire a new customer than to keep a current one…